CFFM is the national voice for the thousands of Canadian volunteers who generously commit their time and energy for museums and heritage sites throughout Canada.
CFFM works with
- Canadian Museums Association
- World Federation of Friends of Museums
- Provincial Museum and Art Gallery Associations
- International Council of Museums (ICOM) Canada
- promotes museums and Canadian heritage throughout Canada.
- educates the Canadian public about the value of museums and the importance of preserving our heritage.
- promotes and enhances the volunteer component of our museum community.
- provides a forum for the exchange of ideas among Canadian and international Friends’ organizations.
- cooperates with all museums and their associations concerning the role of Friends.
- provides a resource centre for Friends of museums.
- encourages partnerships with academic institutions.
- is funded through annual fees and donations.
- is a registered charitable organization #BN-11883 0876 RR0001. Tax receipts are issued for donations and the membership fee.
CFFM members are invited to participate in CFFM projects and receive a variety of benefits, including a quarterly newsletter by post or e-mail.