What We Do
CFFM is the national voice for the thousands of Canadian volunteers who generously commit their time and energy for museums and heritage sites throughout Canada.
CFFM works with
- Canadian Museums Association
- World Federation of Friends of Museums
- Provincial Museum and Art Gallery Associations
- International Council of Museums (ICOM) Canada
- promotes museums and Canadian heritage throughout Canada.
- educates the Canadian public about the value of museums and the importance of preserving our heritage.
- promotes and enhances the volunteer component of our museum community.
- provides a forum for the exchange of ideas among Canadian and international Friends’ organizations.
- cooperates with all museums and their associations concerning the role of Friends.
- provides a resource centre for Friends of museums.
- encourages partnerships with academic institutions.
- is funded through annual fees and donations.
- is a registered charitable organization #BN-11883 0876 RR0001. Tax receipts are issued for donations and the membership fee.
CFFM members are invited to participate in CFFM projects and receive a variety of benefits, including a quarterly newsletter by post or e-mail.